3DEXCITE DELTAGEN 2017x Refresh 1 is now available for download. The download information is available on our website as usually. Below you will find the known and resolved issues as well as the requirements.
The officially recommended version is NVIDIA® Driver 375.86 with “3DEXCITE compatible” profile.
NVIDIA Pascal® GPUs generation is now officially supported.
MAIN RESOLVED ISSUES AND IMPROVEMENTS
In the following we list all of the corrections and improvements accomplished for this release. The improvements and corrections are written to resemble the issues reported by our customers.
- Active Stereo mode now works properly in Windows 10®.
- Screen flickering in Windows 10® with NVIDIA® Active Stereo ON is resolved.
- Using multiple Local surroundings with same size and placement does not cause the z-fighting anymore.
- Virtual lights now illuminate in Stellar rasterizer mode, if ‘Visible in reflection’ is deactivated.
- Fixed error while handling GUI events when user switches to Stellar.
- DELTAGEN Human models are now visible in Look and Stellar Rasterizing mode.
- ColorSet Variant works works properly on changing Conversion material to Glass.
- Head-tracked Frustum adjustment is now correct for Stellar on multi segment Powerwall.
DELTAGEN Direct Maya
- Maya tools 2017x are properly loaded in Maya® 2016.
Installation and licensing
- SetupChooser does not request access rights via Windows® UAC Stellar rendering.
Data preparation and scene handling/interaction
- The geometry visibility variant might take up to one minute switch time in Stellar rendering.
- Restructuring (for example adding groups, moving parts, switching visibilities of top-level groups) in complex scenes (high shape count) may be slow.
- Switching between Normal view and Isolate view may be slower than in Look mode.
- The Conversion material is designed to convert with a minimum of 85% consistency from Look into Stellar.
- Conversion material with colored transparency (‘Absorption’) is not rendered correctly.
Workaround: switch to the Glass material type.
- Reflective physics based materials do require an IBL for reflection (not refraction) to appear correctly. Without an IBL the reflections appear black.
- Roughness above 0.5 in Glass, Plastic and Generic material types disables Transparency in Rasterizing mode.
- Scale client crashes while switching between Stellar material types and undo, when Powerwall is turned on.
Scene rendering and lighting
- Ambient occlusion and Lightmap shadows need a high quality setting for correct interaction with material types.
- There is no color indication for objects outside of Local surroundings.
- Emissive objects do not illuminate or cast shadows in Rasterizing and Raytracing mode.
- Ambient shadows in Rasterizing mode (Voxel AO) require a Local surrounding to be effective.
Workaround: enable the Global surrounding IBL.
- Increasing the Voxel AO voxel grid resolution lets a shadow get lighter and eventually vanish.
Workaround: increasing the global intensity is a partial workaround.
- The Voxel AOs Max. distance parameter (configurable per object) influences the shadow strength in steps.
Surroundings, back plates and background
- Shadows are not cast from Lights (point, spot, directional), Local surroundings or Emissive objects on 2D surroundings.
Workaround : put lights and shadow catcher plane into scene and turn off 2D surrounding Illumination and Shadow catcher.
- With .rts surroundings the Infinite option is currently not supported for Stellar Global illumination rendering.
- Old .rts files might not be automatically converted to Stellar properly. This shows in symptoms like missing GI ground shadow.
Workaround: use .rts files delivered with DELTAGEN or set up the visibility flags, ground shadow z-placement and materials of your old .rts files (using .csb) and recreate a DELTAGEN Stellar compatible .rts surrounding.
- There is only limited support for Global illumination shadow on Shadow catcher objects (no transparent shadows).
- The Viewers background color is always black independent of your Preferences.
Workaround: set an uni-color backplate.
- The switch to Look should be performed in order to remove the surrounding lights from .rts files.
- Double refractions with Stellar GL and Global Illumination in combination with a surrounding.
Workaround: put illumination into scene instead of using surrounding IBL.
- When using Distributed Stellar, postprocessing capabilities are limited.
Available are: photographic tonemapping, gamma-correction, sRGB conversion.
- Distributed Stellar rendering via Render export does not report status updates.
- Specialized materials have no effect in Distributed Stellar.
- Render passes are not supported yet.
- The look and feel of settings differs to regular Render settings UI.
- Object masking is not yet supported (including Mask glow and glare).
General issues of Stellar
- GPU driver crashes related to out-of-memory can occur with big data sets.
- Unhandled exception or hang when changing render mode to Stellar Rasterizing mode from Look Rasterizing mode or from Stellar Raytracing/Global Illumination.
This is often due to out-of-memory not reported as such depending also on the installed driver. Another reason can be material compilation time.
- The DELTAGEN Ramsis’ Manikin view shadow is invisible in Stellar.
- The View normals function is currently not working.
- The Mask view function is currently not working.
- The Histogram in the Color correction postprocessing of the material is currently not working.
View modes disabled:
– No Xray view mode
– Texture mode not yet supported
– Wireframe mode not yet supported
– Solid and Wireframe not yet supported
– Xplorer sketch feature works only on first frame
- LODs are not taken into account – always the highest quality level is used. This is a limitation only for the Rasterizing mode (compared to Look). The Raytracing and Global Illumination render modes behave equally to Look rendering, where the LODs are not supported either.
If you want to use Look Raytracing, please do not use LODs.
- The Statistics show no Stellar related information.
- B-Sides are not displayed.
- Existing baked shadow textures can be used, but not generated. They can be only partly artistically tweaked (only tone mapping, but no shadow split).
- Depth of field only works in Idle mode. It does not in Rasterizing mode.
- Motion blur is only supported for offline rendering.
- The performance for Rasterizing mode is slower with 355+ series drivers.
Workaround: for optimum performance use the latest 354 series driver.
Note: on systems with NVIDIA® M6000 GPU with 24GB memory, a 360 series driver has to be used.
- Intersecting geometries with transparency textures can show sorting issues in rasterizer mode.
- Conflict monitoring alters the look inside the Look library if there is a conflict in a package.
- Started “Tablet PC Input Service” can cause misbehavior.
- Look assignment is broken when using XML actions to change looks Look Raytracing mode.
- Override look objects disappear or turn black with Raytracing (hybrid mode).
Workaround: use ‘pure’ Raytracing.
- Curved mirror reflect does not work properly.
Logic Network Editor
- For Collision detection the objects registered as collision objects in the scene tree are sometimes deleted.
- CATIA layers are not imported.
- Unhandled excepetion while trying to load .3dxml file.
- FCC cache folders are not cleaned.
- Render problem – black viewer on a CAVE master computer.
- Scale distribution time increased by 100% compared to DG 12.2.3.
- The sun shaft effect causes issues in Brightness across different view ports with Powerwall configuration.
- Clients installed using Master install script. Master PC hangs after Scale distribution stopped by user.
- Loading a video surrounding in WMV format does not display the surrounding in Slave clients.
3DEXCITE XPLORE DELTAGEN
- DELTAGEN Displays a warning “Uncertified plugin(s) loaded” and in the ‘Log’ window it displays “Xplore does not have a valid signature”.
Workaround: warning message appears when enabling Xplore plugin but does not prevent the user from using it.
- The 1:1 scale does not work.
- Windows 10® – License manager service needs to be manually started as administrator.
- Incorrect log message in Windows 10® using Powerwall installer.