The officially recommended version is NVIDIA® Driver 375.86.
NVIDIA Pascal GPU generation is now officially supported.
MAIN RESOLVED ISSUES AND IMPROVEMENTS
In the following we list all of the corrections and improvements accomplished for this release. The improvements and corrections are written to resemble the issues reported by our customers.
Installation and licensing
- SetupChooser now does request access rights via Windows UAC if not started with administrator rights.
- Import .csb file in Maya using maya plugin now works while using DSLS license server.
- Data preparation and scene handling/interaction
- The switching of large geometry variants does not reduce the framerate anymore.
- Restructuring (for example adding groups, moving parts, switching visibilities of top-level groups) in complex scenes (high shape count) is now faster.
- Specialized Lights respect all existing lights – not just the visible ones.
- Switching between Normal view and Isolate view is now as fast as in Look mode.
- Scale client works now while switching between Stellar material types and Undo, when Powerwall is turned “on” .
General issues for Stellar
- DELTAGEN can now load a very big HDR as local surrounding.
- DELTAGEN can now load second file in Stellar GI.
- Conversion material reflections are now displayed in Stellar GI mode.
- Glass Conversion material are now transparent in Stellar.
- No FPS drop with turntable rotation in Stellar mode.
- Conflict monitoring now shows conflict in a package without altering the look in the Look library.
- Look icons are not saved/re-rendered during look library “save as”.
- Imported data is automatically replaced with materials from default Look library.
- Clients installed using Master install script are working now as expected.
- Powerwall installer now shows correct log messages in Windows 10®.
- Loading the plug-in works now without warning messages and error logs such as “Xplore does not have a valid signature”.
- Turntable sliders are all displayed for the surrounding which has more than one Turntables in Xplore.
- The Object editor is now available with transparent skin in Design tasks.
Modules and Plugins
- Clicking on “Analyzer” and then on “Remove plugin” in “Modules & plugin” window works now.
- Removing references of scene objects can now be undone.
- “Select occluder faces” does not have an unexpected impact on DELTAGEN functionality anymore.
- Establishing ICEM Surf connection works now.
- .3xf “Save for distribution” keeps the NURBS information.
- Navigating scene tree of a “Save for distributed” .3xf file containing wiresets works now.
- “Save for distribution” limitations have been removed.
Installation and licensing
- FLEXLM License for the feature “MayaTools” is not check in after an operation is completed.
- The Conversion material is designed to convert with a minimum of 85% consistency from Look into Stellar.
- Conversion material with colored transparency (‘Absorption’) is not rendered correctly.
Workaround: switch to the Glass material type.
- Reflective physics based materials do require an IBL for reflection (not refraction) to appear correctly. Without an IBL the reflections appear black.
- Roughness above 0.5 in Glass, Plastic and Generic material types disables Transparency in Rasterizing mode.
Scene rendering and lighting
- Ambient occlusion and Lightmap shadows need a high quality setting for correct interaction with material types.
- There is no color indication for objects outside of Local surroundings.
- Emissive objects do not illuminate or cast shadows in Rasterizing and Raytracing mode.
- Ambient shadows in Rasterizing mode (Voxel AO) require a Local surrounding to be effective.
Workaround: enable the Global surrounding IBL.
- Increasing the Voxel AO voxel grid resolution lets a shadow get lighter and eventually vanish.
Workaround: increasing the global intensity is a partial workaround.
- The Voxel AOs Max. distance parameter (configurable per object) influences the shadow strength in steps.
Surroundings, back plates and background
- Shadows are not cast from Lights (point, spot, directional), Local surroundings or Emissive objects on 2D surroundings.
Workaround: put lights and shadow catcher plane into scene and turn off 2D surrounding Illumination and Shadow catcher.
- With .rts surroundings the Infinite option is currently not supported for Stellar Global illumination rendering.
- Old .rts files might not be automatically converted to Stellar properly. This shows in symptoms like missing GI ground shadow.
Workaround: use .rts files delivered with DELTAGEN or set up the visibility flags, ground shadow z-placement and materials of your old .rts files (using .csb) and recreate a DELTAGEN Stellar compatible .rts surrounding.
- The Viewers background color is always black independent of your Preferences.
Workaround: set an uni-color back-plate.
- The switch to Look should be performed in order to remove the surrounding lights from .rts files.
- Double refractions with Stellar GL and Global Illumination in combination with a 3D surrounding.
Workaround: put illumination into scene instead of using surrounding IBL.
- Specialized materials have no effect in Distributed Stellar.
- Straight alpha does not work with batch recording.
- DStellar vs Stellar renderer, frames of same quality have different noise levels.
- In specific cases some issues might occur with Distributed stellar and Broker & Render node configuration.
- Connecting to remote node causes the remote node to abort and DELTAGEN application to abort performance.
- Incorrect DStellar connection status for invalid/failed connection.
- [Stellar Render Passes] AO pass incorrectly displays ignoring transparent objects.
General issues of Stellar
- Sometimes a rare hang might occur when changing the Rasterizing modes from Stellar to Look.
- The View normals function is currently not working.
- View modes disabled:
- No Xray view mode
- Texture mode not yet supported
- Xplorer sketch feature works only on first frame
- LODs are not taken into account – always the highest quality level is used. This is a limitation only for the Rasterizing mode (compared to Look). The Raytracing and Global Illumination render modes behave equally to Look rendering, where the LODs are not supported either. If you want to use Look Raytracing, please do not use LODs.
- The Statistics show no Stellar related information.
- B-Sides are not displayed.
- Depth of field only works in Idle mode. It does not in Rasterizing mode.
- Motion blur is only supported for offline rendering.
- In specific cases GPU driver issue might occur while converting models to Stellar.
- Big changes in lighting when rotating a model by one degree.
- In rare cases loading .csb model can cause DELTAGEN hang.
- Switching IES light variants in specialized scenes sometimes may cause failures.
- Solid Selection does not work correctly in Stellar mode.
- Started “Tablet PC Input Service” can cause misbehavior.
Look Raytracing mode
- Override look objects disappear or turn black with Raytracing (hybrid mode).
Workaround: use ‘pure’ Raytracing.
- Curved mirror reflect does not work properly.
- Turntable sliders are missing for the surrounding which has more than one Turntables in Xplore.
- Memory leak after closing scene.
- CATIA layers are not imported.
- Specific .3dxml files can cause application failures.
- In particular cases .icem files can potentially cause license issues.
- Textures of a .jtk shape are not imported.
- FCC cache folders are not cleaned.
- IGES import currently not working for big data.
- Dragging faces into another scene does not work.
- Combining geometry can cause stability issues.
- Loading a video surrounding in WMV format does not display the surrounding in Slave clients.
- Powerwall Client crashed while switching between Rasterizing to GI mode when Video File added as Surrounding.
- The 1:1 scale does not work.
- Windows 10® – License manager service needs to be manually started as administrator.
Modules and Plugins
- DELTAGEN Viewer hangs when POWERHOUSE plug-in is loaded.
- DELTAGEN aborts when POWERHOUSE plug-in is unloaded.