After installing the 3DEXCITE Maya® Tools, it can happen that you receive the following error when you try to activate the tools in Autodesk® Maya®. The error message gets displayed within Autodesk® Maya® in the error console:
// Error: MayaTools doesn’t find installed documentation, please re-install your plugin! //
The error persists after reinstallation of 3DEXCITE Maya® Tools.
To fix this problem you have to edit the registry path for the installed Maya® Tools.
Warning: Manipulating the registry may lead to damage of your operating system and data loss.
3DEXCITE is not liable for any kind of damage which may result from this instruction.
- click on the Windows® Start icon
- type regedit into the search field and confirm with Enter
The registry editor opens.
- locate the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall3DEXCITE DELTAGEN Direct Maya Plugin x.y
- edit this path and remove the blank between “Direct” and “Maya”
- save your changes
- load the Maya® Plugin in Autodesk® Maya® again.