A few DELTAGEN users have reported that the Viewer window in DELTAGEN turns red after loading a scene. This has only been reported to occur on laptops and is not necessarily data dependent.
Additionally, unusual displays of memory usage may be related to the red Viewer window. These are shown in the bottom-right corner of DELTAGEN’s main window. For example, one case reported a display of zero MB of GPU memory usage.
We recommend making sure that DELTAGEN uses the NVIDIA GPU. Laptops often use the on-board or CPU-integrated graphic chip for an optimal energy to performance ratio, and this may be causing the problem.
You can force the usage of the NVIDIA GPU with DELTAGEN as follows:
- right-click on your Windows® desktop
- select NVIDIA Control Panel in the context menu
- in the NVIDIA Control Panel navigate to 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings
- in the Global Settings tab select 3DEXCITE – Compatible from the Global presents drop-down list
- choose High-performance NVIDIA processor for the Preferred graphics processor
- click Apply
- reboot your system to make sure that the changes are applied.
If this does not fix the problem, please analyze your scene and reduce the number of special light effects and post-processor effects until the Viewer appears normal.
If you encountered this issue, please write to us and send us your scene so that we can reproduce the problem and find a definitive solution.