This description matches various situations, but might have the same root cause:
- You used DSLS licensing before and now switch to a node locked FlexLM license
- You were trying to evaluate how DSLS licensing works and switch back to FlexLM
- You are used to use FlexLM licensing, but now want to evaluate and test DSLS
The decision of which licensing mechanism is used for DELTAGEN is being controlled by a system environment variable. This system environment variable gets created during DELTAGEN installation and is identical for Windows 7 and 10.
With administrator rights, you can edit the system environment variable
- if you want to use FlexLM set it to FALSE
- if you want to use DSLS use TRUE
Note: Please make sure that you write the variable values always in capital letters. Otherwise it will not work.