To start a 3DEXCITE software product a running license is necessary. The following steps show how to proceed when installing a FlexLM license file.
Installing the FlexLM license file
- Install the FlexLM software with admin rights from our installer. During the installation , a SysID is displayed as a text file with the name RTTSysID.txt
- The path in which this file is located is the FlexLM installation path
- Send an email with the generated file RTTSysID.txt to your sales contact at 3DEXCITE.
- After you received your license file ( RTTLMD.lic ) store this file in your FlexLM folder e.g: C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\3DEXCITE\FlexLM
- Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System
- Select Advanced system settings > Environment variables
- The rttlmd_license_file variable is pointing to the location of the license file
The syntax should look like this: PORTNUMBER@COMPUTERNAME (for nodelocked licenses there should be only @localhost , for redundant systems please use ,(comma) to seperate the three license servers and ;(semicolon) for @localhost).
- Open the Windows start menu and search for “Computer Management”
- Check if the license service is up and running under Computer Management>Services and Applications>Services:
- Go back to your FlexLM license folder and execute “start_licenses.bat” with admin rights
You should be able to start the 3DEXCITE software now