Starting with DELTAGEN 2019x the Direct Maya® Plugin also supports .3xf as file type for importing and exporting.
However the Export animation options are not available when choosing the file type 3XF_3DEXCITE.
It is possible to use the .wrl animation file written with the export options of the CSB_3DEXCITE type in DELTAGEN with the appropriate .3xf scene.
- Create your Maya scene with animation
- Export the scene as .3xf file
- Open the export dialog again
- Change the file type to CSB_3DEXCITE
- Select Write animation file
- Adjust the other Export animation options if needed
- Export the file (the .csb and .texturePath file can be deleted)
- Open the .3xf file
- Go to Window > Animation list > Import
- Choose the .wrl you exported from Maya
- Select the imported Timeline
- Go to Window > Timeline
- Hit the play button