When starting a CAD data conversion with DELTABATCH 13.1 (13.1.68405), the following system error can occur executing rttct.exe:
“The program can’t start because CATGeometricObjects.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem.”
This problem can be solved manually by inserting a path into the PATH environment variable of Windows®. For this modification Administrator rights are required.
Steps how to edit the PATH variable:
- click on Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System
- choose Advanced system settings on the left Control Panel Home menu
- select the Advanced tab
- click on Environment variables
- in the System Variables section, scroll down to the PATH variable
Alternatively you can use the PATH variable at the User variables for <current user> section. If you edit the variable there, the setting applies to the currently logged in user only!
- select the PATH variable
- click on Edit
- enter the the path separated from the other values with a semicolon:
C:Program FilesDassault Systemes3DEXCITEDELTAGEN13.1spatial_iopcgmcodebin
- click OK to confirm the change
The bin folder contains the CATGeometricObjects.dll.
After inserting this path into the PATH variable, DELTABATCH should be able to finish the conversion without the mentioned error message.
In case this steps does not solve the problem on your workstation, please contact 3DEXCITE Support. Please make sure your email is containing a full error report and steps you have already taken.
The problem got finally solved with DELTABATCH 13.1.1 (13.1.69058)